Wednesday, January 22, 2014

BIRTHDAY No.9

Our little boy just turned 9 a few days ago. He didn't want a birthday party at all, but I love throwing parties for kids, so I told him I would keep it really small; we invited just a handful of kids. On his actual birthday, we brought him home from school for lunch, he wanted chicken tenders and fries from Burger King:






Later in the evening, after dinner, we sang Happy Birthday, with a small ice cream cake:




He's looking so grown up already, but he's the sweetest boy!.

For his party,I went back and forth between a camping party or a Winter theme. Because of all the snow we've been getting this year, I loved the Winter theme even more. We bought cute invites with a snowman back in December at Target, it was perfect.
I started gathering ideas from Pinterest, and I knew paper snowflakes were a must, a hot chocolate bar, a foam snowman craft, and a water-less snowglobe.I had other cute ideas, but being a bit of a procrastinator, when it comes down to it, I tend to have more ideas than time!


Bought this styrofoam snowman from ACMoore, I just glittered it and added the embellishments, and twigs for the arms.

Cute wreath and paper snowflakes for the door

Saw these snowman cups in a couples of blogs, used them to hold all white candies as favors.


painted this candle white and used white glitter












Toilet paper snow women





Hot chocolate bar was a big hit with the kids, and some adults!






I made him this top hat, but forgot to put it on him for the cake!



Everybody had a great time, HAPPY 9th BIRTHDAY to our baby!


Rosa

No comments: