Friday, November 1, 2013

HALLOWEEN: IT'S ALL ABOUT THE CANDY!

Even though it was an overcast day, with a chance of rain in the forecast, Mother Nature was good to us this year. It was great going out Trick-or-Treating on the actual day, as oppose to the last two years, with the crazy storms. The kids had their parade at school; and when school let out it was time to go and collect some candy!






I wrapped milk chocolate candy bars in crepe paper to make them look like mummies for my son's classmates



For one of the teachers, I made a ghost in a jar out of a small foam ball and cheesecloth. I have to make one for us, it's the cutest ghost ever!



I dressed up my little guy to look like a bandit. All I bought were things he can use every day: black top, pants, hat, gloves and sneakers. I made the loot bag with a white canvas bag I picked up at AC Moore. I printed a dollar symbol using a font from the computer, and used freezer paper to create the stencil. I used black fabric paint.
I stuffed the bag with white tissue paper, it turned out super cute!. I also made the bandit mask out of black felt.





For the oldest daughter, she wanted to be The Invisible Girl from the Fantastic Four. I bought a blue morph suit and my mom altered by sewing other different color fabrics to it. She looked "fantastic" no pun intended!




Trick-or -Treat time:










We were out for a few hours, the kids had enough candy to last them a few days.
It was a great day!

Rosa

No comments: