Saturday, September 21, 2013

APPLE PICKING 2013

It's apple picking time, the weather is just perfect: not too hot, not too cold. We went to the apple orchard we go to every year. We went early, it was great as there were not too many people. So we drove up the hill as far as we could go. We love looking down, it's breathtaking!
The kids couldn't climb enough trees!. They picked a lot of apples, ate some, even played with them.






And yes, I know it's obvious we're apple picking, but I needed a banner anyway!. I put this one together really quickly by cutting the letters freehand just before we left our house. I just had to!

I have this collection of group pictures with different banners in jars, I love looking at them. One of these day I'll take a picture of them and show them to you.













This was also my mom's first time going apple picking. She really liked it!

Then it was time to go down to the farm stand area, the kiddies wanted to ride on the ponies and horses.
We took our yearly pumpkin patch photo. This year, the kids went inside the haunted house. 
We bought delicious apple pies, apple cider doughnuts, and cider.












As always, it's good to go out and do something even if it's only once a year. It's a tradition we look forward to.

Rosa

No comments: